My dreams written down. What is my unconscious trying to tell me?

Monday, July 19, 2010

Night of 18th July 2010

I'm in a rural setting, like the Pennines. And like northern Pennine weather, the sky is both light and darkly overcast - a storm is about to hit.
I'm siting on a hillock, surveying the vista, in particular the hill to my right. Nana and Vivi are safe underground, and I will join them, but I have to wait for something up here. Until the last possible moment. The storm is going to be a heavy one, but I reassure them that I will be OK - I must be outside, though for quite what reason, I don't know.
The wind picks up, lighting begins striking in the distance - the storm is stronger than I'd planned for. But I continue to wait. There's a sense that everyone else has fled, the storm is reaching disaster strength. I begin to worry.
I'm watching the hill to my right, a huge lightning bolt hits the hill. It hits again, and rather than being a flash of contact, the lightning bolt is a continuous lash of power. It draws a three sided shape on the hill face, not regular, more like the scribble of an infant. The ferocity and proximity of the lightning is terrifying, I know I must flee now. I wake.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo

Likes: writing

Dislikes: those things where you find yourself writing in third-person like someone else wrote the bio on you; but we all know how this works...