My dreams written down. What is my unconscious trying to tell me?

Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Night of 14th December 2009

Everyone is swimming at the indoor pool. I don't join in because I'm sensitive to the feelings of my former Boss, who is one of the swimmers (in waking life I've recently tried to repair relations between us, to not much avail). The swimmers are playing a game of swimming a length underwater without coming up for air. I was good at this game when I was younger and am keen to join in, but my passive (in real life he is not) Boss's presence is holding me back. I'm sure if I join in it will further offend him.
I'm told things might be ok, and my Boss and I cross eyelines at one moment as he is walking around the pool, close to me. I can't decide if things really will be alright, but I want to be positive. I jump in the pool and instantly cause some tension amongst the group. As I arrive at the shallow end, suddenly there is very little water in the pool, and the swimming session has been ruined.

I'm watching a football game on the television - and am startled because it must be the world cup. It is England versus an African nation (there is no African nation in England's actual group for 2010). The television is an old set, with a curved glass screen, and the picture is a little fuzzy. I'm very excited, and hope for England's win. The opposing team seems to have become Holland, and England lose the game 2-1. I wake.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo

Likes: writing

Dislikes: those things where you find yourself writing in third-person like someone else wrote the bio on you; but we all know how this works...