My dreams written down. What is my unconscious trying to tell me?

Monday, March 15, 2010

Night of 14th March 2010

A very tall residential building, perhaps a block of luxury flats, stands over the sun drenched shore. The building is tiled in the same tan glazed tiles I saw in the falling dream. I suspect the building, or the apartment where the action takes place, is Tom Cruise's.
I'm at the ground floor apartment, which overlooks the shore—and is extremely close to it. A matter of steps away. The shore is secluded, and quiet; although I don't sense it as being expansive. The water is very clear and beautiful. I can see that within a few steps of entering it the water becomes rather deep—enough to submerge an adult to his waist. The most amazing band of water colors is apparent: the shallows are (paradoxically) deep blue; the previous area a few steps in is almost transluscent, a little light blue; and beyond that all is and inky, deep blue.
I can see fish in the water it is so clear. From the beachfront veranda where I'm standing I see a small boy, perhaps snorkeling, in the shallows, and can a school of minnows, or tiny fish, following him, or he is following them. Behind this scene I notice a large fish, hunting, in the mid-distance clear water. I'm awed with the clarity of the water and this creation of nature darting about in the water. I see it coming around, and seemingly looking in my direction. Then, in nearer view, I notice a bird hovering above the water. The fish is considering an attack on the bird.
It accelerates toward shore, and leaps from the water, trying to pluck the bird from the air. However, at this instant, someone in a small skiff, or dingy; or some human intervention, unrelated, has alerted the bird and it moves to avoid the humans. Unknowingly averting the fish, and its death. I wake.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo

Likes: writing

Dislikes: those things where you find yourself writing in third-person like someone else wrote the bio on you; but we all know how this works...